January 25th, 2022 Neil Winokur By: Connor Albaugh After a great semester of blogs in the previous year, this blog will be the first blog written since the beginning of Digital Photography II. I am very excited to get back to the photographing process as well as being able to apply my skills in classroom assignments. With high aspirations and ideas, I am going to try very hard to "one-up" the work that I was able to create in the previous semester. I believe many of my pieces were truly special, some being intricate while others were simple, yet creative. I would like to have the same balance in this photography class and I am ready to get to work. For my first blog, I have decided to focus my attention on a photographer by the name of Neil Winokur . Before I dive into his early life leading up to his career, there is something important to consider here. A lot of the photographers that I v...
February 21st, 2023 Michael Kenna By: Connor Albaugh It has been a good amount of time since the last blog. I had the opportunity to process my first roll of film and mess around with the process with making photograms. Processing film took a long time, but being gentle and patient is done with the intention of seeing your negatives in the greatest capacity. For photograms, finding the right lighting as well as the correct items to use to articulate each of the pictures was the hardest part. I used a lot of paper in the process, but continual practice allowed me to gain good experience with this technique and learn about something that I hadn’t been familiar with. With this being said, we shift our focus to a very decorated photographer who uses a fascinating technique to capture wonderful compositions. His name is Michael Kenna . In “Widnes, England in 1953,” a photograp...
Comments
Post a Comment